Follow the adventures of Neill's trip to the 2011 Isle of Man TT Races.

Thursday 2 June 2011

Here we go.

Finally, that day has arrived when I set off on my TT adventure. The bike is prep’d most of the packing done and now I’m just having a bacon roll for my brekkie, before I start the final countdown. My plan is to leave at 10am. I’m anticipating about a 5 hour journey to my aunt’s in Manchester. I need to stop for fuel en route, as the fuel tank only gives me a maximum 200 miles and door to door we are talking 235. I’m sure my bum will need a rest by then anyway and me a drink or snack. The weather is superb at the moment and sounds like it is set for the next day as well. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way for another week too. I daren’t look at the 10 day weather forecast, as I don’t want to be miserable on the run up. I can save that for when I’m there!

I’m not sure what the internet situation is going to be whilst I’m away. My aunt has broadband, so tonight I should be able to update you on the journey up, however, I don’t know about my digs, so there may not be any blog updates until I get back. Googling ‘free wifi on the IOM’ doesn’t exactly bring up a lot of options!

Anyway, the bacon has now gone and so soon shall I be.

No comments:

Post a Comment